The coronavirus pandemic has forced many companies to figure out new ways to work and one of the most common solutions has been to implement work from home for office staffers. The new configuration has proved to work out great for many companies – many small enterprises and global conglomerates consider work from home so efficient that they are planning to use it even after the pandemic. These new scenarios also have an impact on the palette of available Denver office space rental options – here are some changes that are already noticeable:
- Lower rentals – the drop in the demand for office rentals goes hand in hand with already lowered and continuously lowering rental fees;
- More options available – while before the pandemic, the businesses that were looking for suitable office space had a hard time, nowadays, available office space rentals come in a much wider range, which makes it easier for any businesses to find the perfect match;
- More services included – to be able to find tenants for their office spaces, rental providers have had to diversify the range of the additional services that they offer. This is why most office space rentals today come with flexible lease terms as well as with lots of services available, such as reception desks and conference rooms.
The utility of an office for a business is obvious right from the start, so it must be considered in advance, especially since the search for a suitable Denver office space rental itself can take quite a long time, and the beginnings of entrepreneurship often hide budget pitfalls and lots of expenses.
Knowing the business and real estate objectives are essential steps in finding the right Denver office.
Although it seems easy and relatively quick to start a search for the right office location, it is an activity that requires large resources of time – an aspect that most start-ups underestimate. The advice of a real estate specialist can not only save time, but also contribute to a good initial selection of locations, thus avoiding wasted time with unsuccessful negotiations. Until finding a permanent office space, the team of a start-up can try a virtual office or a shared workspace in a hub, depending on the particularities of each business. Instead, if it is about renting space for your own office, the search should start 4-6 months in advance, this being the average time to find a suitable space.
The negotiation conditions, obtaining the necessary documents, solving the logistics problems, the market conditions, the availability of the locations, are all aspects that must be correlated and that can determine a longer waiting period.
If you have started a business some time ago and now you are starting to see success, you might find it increasingly difficult to do all the work without having a proper office to meet with your team and with your client. Fortunately, having the office that you need, when you need that space, does not mean that you have to shell out large amounts of money each month – here are some great, low-cost Denver office space rental options that also come with additional benefits:
- Shared offices – co-working spaces are today among the best options for start-ups that do not need a permanent office. The facilities that provide shared offices usually offer more than just desks – they also have meeting rooms, receptionist services and many other amenities. Shared office space comes with flexible payment plans as well, allowing you to pay for exactly the time that use the office for;
- Business incubators – these facilities offer the latest office technology and a dynamic environment that allows you and your team to work efficiently for affordable rates. Incubators also organize business conferences and training programs to educate entrepreneurs, so the benefits of moving your business to one of these spaces range further than comfort and efficiency.
If you have heard about the great benefits of shared office spaces, but you are worried that the solution would not provide you suitable space for meeting with clients, don’t be – you will find what you need with your shared office rental. A shared space, with multiple people running their business simultaneously, can be noisy and unsuitable for conducting meetings with clients and business partners, so here are a few things that you should know about the solutions offered by the facilities that provide offices for rent:
- Separate meeting rooms that can be booked in advance – most accommodating Denver office space rental facilities have not only shared offices, but separate meeting rooms, usually several of them and of various sizes, that you can book in advance for very affordable rates;
- Office equipment available to meet your requirements – whatever equipment you need for the meeting with your client, your landlord is likely to be able to cater for your needs. The meeting rooms available in shared office facilities usually come with access to the internet, large screens, phone lines and projectors are also available;
- Other valuable extras – most facilities also offer access to their reception desk, to allow you to impress your clients from the second they enter the building.
Freelancing and telecommuting are becoming two of the most common forms of entrepreneurship these days. Many of these small businesses carry out most of their activities using computers and via the internet, which also means that they don’t need a permanent office in the traditional sense of the word and many of these start-ups don’t even have the financial resources to rent or to buy such office space. The alternative is either a home-office desk – a solution that is uncomfortable and difficult to manage for many small entrepreneurs – or a temporary office space rental. Here are the benefits of the latter:
- Easier time management – oftentimes a temporary Denver office space rental can be accessed round the clock, even during the night, allowing business owners to come and go as they want;
- A distraction-free environment – working from the comfort of your home might sound like a great solution, but most people find it hard to resist the distractions of their homes when they are trying to work. Rented office space provides the professional, distraction-free setting where you can work without having to handle household chores while working or to get distracted by TV shows, pets or friends dropping by;
Flexible payment – many facilities that rent office spaces charge only for the amount of time that you use the office and there are many other great and flexible solutions that make temporary offices affordable
Working from home has many perks, such as skipping commute and not having to wear a suit every day. Plus, lunches at the office are for free and more delicious than the standard offering of catering services. However, there is a downturn: sometime, you have to meet potential clients or business partners.
Here are a few suggested locations that solve your problem:
- Cafes or Bars
If you know a quiet and elegant café where you can sit down at the table and discuss, without music blaring from loudspeakers, then go for it. You can also enjoy a coffee or take a lunch break with your business partner during lengthy negotiations.
- At Home
This only works if your home office has a separate entrance. Leaving aside the security and privacy issues, you don’t want to walk your business partner to the meeting room along a corridor strewn with your toddler’s toys and your wife’s loaded grocery bags.
- In a Rented Meeting Room
Coworking space is gaining popularity. They look like regular office buildings, but the space is rented by the hour or by the day. You can also choose to rent office space when you need to focus on an important project away from the noise and bustle at home. Denver office space rental options offer flexible terms.
If the weather is fine, you can invite your business partner to a small walk in a park. When you need to look over documents, you will certainly find a secluded bench or an open terrace where you can also have coffee or lunch.
“Shared office space” is a concept designing flexible work spaces created for business nomads, entrepreneurs, freelancers, people who manage international projects, project teams, national or global companies and startups, who get their many ideas that lead to business growth precisely from these working communities.
Curious, independent people, with principles and values based on innovation, eager to prosper, who love what they do and are always looking for new opportunities are typically those you will find in the shared offices.
The decoration of the work spaces, whether they are meant to be rented for a short or long/ very long period, is made with quality furniture, and the details make the difference.
Office leasing companies offer different options. Denver office space rental amenities and modern services are generally all inclusive, from the complete decoration/ arrangement of the space, to the technical equipment, customer service areas as well as complete administrative and operational support services. At the same time, there are dedicated areas for organizing seminars, or other types of events catering areas and cafes, which can be accessed daily, or as a support for events.
Basically, a business renting a shared office space benefits from all the facilities and utilities related to a normal workspace, without the need of prior investments from the client.
Whether you need temporary Denver space because your permanent office is currently unusable or your business activities don’t need a permanent office right now, here are some tips about how to find the most suitable Denver office space rental:
- Research business centers and providers of temporary office spaces in your area – office space providers offer well-equipped office spaces for great prices, but they are different in terms of equipment levels and space sizes, so it is essential to conduct a little research before choosing one provider over another;
- Think about your extra requirements – make a list with your extra needs, such as a receptionist answering your calls, call screening or special conference room equipment. If you find a space provider that you consider suitable, but does not offer all the features that you need, don’t cut it from your list, contact them and tell them about your special requirements, they might be willing to provide a solutions;
- Consider the location – if you need an office space to eliminate the need to have a home office, but you will not use the space for meeting with clients, choose temporary office space that is close to your home, but if you need space to conduct meetings from, choose a central location or an office that is close to where your major clients are located.
People who wish to start their new business and get it tied up must also determine where they are going to operate and whether they should buy or look for a Denver office space rental. The second option is definitely better for a startup, because it is more affordable.
It may be quite difficult for inexperienced people to make a choice when it comes to renting office space for their business. Before making a decision, they need to consider some very important things and possibly turn to specialized Denver office space rental professionals that can help them assess their needs correctly and identify the best option for their budget.
Entrepreneurs must determine whether their needs are in line with the structure and facilities of the location, whether they are suitable or easily adaptable to the activity to be performed there. In addition, they need to know details on some important aspects such as the internet connection, the capacity of the electric system, the performance of the heating system and air conditioners, the thermal insulation of the building etc.
The location of the office is just as important, as the way to reach it. The area must be intensely circulated, visible and easy to reach, both by personal car and public transportation.
As a start-upper, you are on a tight budget and it might be difficult for you to afford your own office. However, having an office is important for your work ad for the image of your business, so you must figure out quickly what type of office you can afford.
You can opt for a serviced office space, which allows you to rent rooms, sections or hubs within an office building, or for a virtual office, which will get you a professional image without actually occupying the physical space.
Even a virtual office can get you the fundamental feelings of achievement, belonging, autonomy, purpose and status. When you hire a virtual office, you typically get a general plan that includes a postal address and a phone number assigned to your business and access to physical office space and fully equipped conference rooms, whenever you need them. However, you can customize Denver office space rental plans with other available features, to make it work better for you. For example, you can also get mail receiving and forwarding services, call answering and forwarding service, reception desk services (a virtual assistant), access to other office locations if your provider has a network, basic catering (coffee, tea, light snacks) and more.